Fall is officially here and there’s a lot to celebrate here in the Ozarks. Harvest festivals, colorful foliage, cooler weather, pumpkin patches delicious seasonal foods and so much more.
To help you celebrate the start of autumn, I found a great and easy fall recipe on www.tasteofhome.com for Creamy Butternut Squash Soup.
Enjoy and happy fall from Branson Shows!
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups peeled, cubed butternut squash
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add squash and potato. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add water, bouillon, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Cool slightly. Cover and process soup in blender until smooth. Return soup to the pan and stir in milk. Heat well. Yield is 2 servings.