Bonnie and Clyde were two desperadoes, famous for their many robberies, murders and notorious gang of rebellious outlaws. The daring depression-era robbers have some deep history in southwest Missouri where an intense gun battle played out just a short distance from present day Reeds Spring.
The Annual Bonnie & Clyde Days in Reeds Spring is scheduled for Saturday, September 27 at Reeds Spring Community Center Grounds where guests will experience the recreation of Bonnie and Clyde’s experience in the Ozarks. The event will also include a car show and guest appearances from a comedian and several performers including Branson’s Sons of Britches.
The schedule of events is as follows:
- 9 a.m.: Opening ceremonies
- 10 a.m.: Jim and Nelson Holt speak about history of Reeds Spring area
- 10:30 a.m.: Public enemies of 1934 re-enactment
- 11:45 a.m.: Comedian Dale Green
- Noon: Blessed Hope Singers old time gospel singing
- 12:30 p.m.: Shootout re-enactment
- 1:30 p.m.: Car show awards
- 3 p.m.: Kidnapping of local resident, Joe Gunn re-enactment
- 3:30 p.m.: Blessed Memories Singers old time gospel
- 4:30 p.m.: Sons of Britches
- 5:30 p.m.: Chico and DeeDeeVega jazz singers
For more information, visit http://bonnieandclydedays.com/.