This morning, Silver Dollar City announced its newest $8 million addition to the park, “Fireman’s Landing” to open in the spring of 2015.
The 2 acre area is replacing Geyser Gulch and will feature six new rides and four new attractions that have an old-time volunteer firefighter recruitment fair theme. All the new rides and attractions are designed with families in mind and in honor of the local heroes who serve as firefighters.
New rides will include:
- Fire Spotter: ride in a floating balloon that’s used to spot fires
- Fire Wagon Frenzy: take a bumpy wagon ride
- FireFall: travel to the top of the 8-story fire tower for a thrilling free-fall back to the bottom
- The Roundabout: little ones can ride the Dalmations that race around a fire hydrant
- Up the Ladder: a shorter drop from the top of a fire tower for young ones
- Fireman’s Flyer: low-flying swings for little ones
New attractions will include:
- Firehouse Splash Yard: cool off in the squirting water jets and pump hoses
- Firefighter’s Fire Escape: make your way through the obstacle course of tubes, mazes, climbing structures and slides
- Firefighter’s Junior Fire Escape: let your toddler explore this safe play area
For more information about Fireman’s Landing visit http://www.silverdollarcity.com/firemanslanding?sd=1&cid=eml_001547.
In addition to the Fireman’s Landing news, General Manager Brad Thomas also announced that the Harlem Globetrotters will be featured six days a week throughout Star Spangled Summer of 2015.
The slam-dunk entertainment will feature 30 minute performances of basketball tricks, skills and comedy three times a day for six weeks.
For more information on the Harlem Globetrotters’ upcoming performances at Silver Dollar City in 2015 visit http://www.harlemglobetrotters.com/news/trotters-have-extended-run-silver-dollar-city.
To get your tickets to Silver Dollar City, visit http://www.bransonshows.com/activity/buySilverDollarCityTickets.cfm.