Whether you’re vacationing in the area or live somewhere nearby, an adventurous Sunday in Branson is best when filled with carefree endeavors for you and the whole family. Here are a few ideas to get today’s fun started!
1. Try something new and stop in for an early breakfast or midday brunch at Clockers Café. Enjoy a warm, hearty breakfast in this charming, locally owned restaurant located in old downtown Branson at 103 S. Commercial St.
2. Grab your tennis shoes and bug spray and head to Lakeside Forest Wilderness Area for a leisurely afternoon hike. The park features two trails that wind through the beautiful Ozark terrain with a waterfall and cave, a set of stone steps that lead down to Lake Taneycomo., the 1911 Lyle Owen Homestead, picnic tables and public restrooms. it’s located right off of Fall Creek Rd., two blocks south of Highway 76.
3. After freshening up a bit, satisfy your sweet tooth at Marble Slab Creamery. With dozens of cool and creamy ice cream flavors, milkshakes, fruit smoothies, frozen yogurt, cupcakes and more you seriously can’t go wrong with any menu choice here. Visit one of the two Branson locations to get a taste of these treats: 2005 W. Highway 76 or 1107 Branson Landing.
4. Next, if you’re feeling adventurous, try your hand at one of Branson Zipline and Canopy Tour’s adventures! A list of packages and prices is available here: http://www.bransonshows.com/activity/BransonZiplineandCanopyTours.cfm.
5. If you have little ones who might not appreciate zipling as much as you do, check out Ride the Ducks for a great way to spend an afternoon on the lake while learning about Ozark and Branson history. For tickets and more information, visit http://www.bransonshows.com/activity/RidetheDucksBranson.cfm.
6. Afterwards, head over to Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum, located at 3326 W. Highway 76 near the Titanic Museum, and browse the jaw-dropping exhibits white you cool off. Check this out for tickets and more: http://www.bransonshows.com/activity/RipleysBelieveItOrNotMuseum.cfm.
7. For dinner, try Montana Mike’s Steakhouse for a delicious selection of steak, hamburgers, sandwiches, salads, seafood and more. Not a far drive from Ripley’s, it’s located at 3225 W. Highway 76, next door to the Titanic Museum.
8. Close out your night with a beautiful display at the Branson Landing fountain incorporating fire, water, lights and music. The fountain is located at the foot of The Landing’s town square on the shore of Lake Taneycomo.